Garmin Navigation Update
At Okotoks Honda, we strive to offer a wide variety of different ways to keep your vehicle up to date.
Welcome to Honda Garmin Navigation Updates
The following models currently use Garmin-embedded navigation systems:
- 2016 Civic Touring (2 door and 4 door)
- 2016 Accord Touring (2 door and 4 door)
- 2016 Pilot Touring
- 2017 Ridgeline Touring and Black Editions
If you have a Honda with navigation that does not use Garmin you can find order the suitable updates at the Honda Navigation Centre.
Honda models equipped with Garmin Navigation systems come with complimentary map updates for 5 years. A pop-up notice will appear on the Display Audio screen indicating a map update is available after its first year in service . The timing starts once the vehicle receives satellite signal and exceeds 320 kms on the odometer.
The navigation update process will require you to go to your car, your computer and back to your car to complete this process. Please note, navigation updates can also be performed by your local Honda dealership.
To perform these updates you will need the following:
- 16 GB USB drive
- High-speed Internet connection
- Up to 4 hours of time
Follow these steps for Garmin Navigation Updates
(You can also download these instructions.)
- Start your vehicle’s engine and ensure it is running during the entire first step. Refer to your vehicle owner’s manual for the location of the USB port. Plug a USB drive with at least 16 GB of available space into the USB port in your vehicle. On the Navigation System go to Settings > Device > Update Map. Follow the on-screen prompts until instructions to “continue the update process” on this website appear. Please note that after pressing “Update Map”, you must wait at least 1 minute before unplugging the USB drive from the USB port.
- Launch the Garmin Express download from your computer. Download Garmin Express.
- Plug the USB drive into your computer and follow prompts on Garmin Express. Garmin Express will verify if there is a new map update available. Once Garmin Express has finished you can remove the USB. Note: The map download time varies based on Internet connection speed and map region.
- Plug the USB drive back into the vehicle USB port. On the Navigation System go to Settings > Device > Update Map. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update. Notes: You cannot use the same map download for multiple Honda navigation systems. Doing this will result in a locked navigation device. The map update will take up to one hour but may vary based on the map region. During this update your Honda navigation system must not be turned off. Therefore, the engine must be running while the vehicle is parked outside or in a well-ventilated area. Before getting started, familiarize yourself with and follow all applicable laws in your area.
Please call us at 403-842-1104 if you require further assistance.
Okotoks Honda: 4.9 Google Rated with over 2400 Cutomer Reviews & 2019 Honda Driving Excellence Winner!